Appeals Q & A

Who May Appeal?

Trees on Private Property:
Anyone who resides or owns a business or property in the neighborhood planning unit (NPU) where a property is posted for potential tree removal, or anyone who lives within 500 feet of the property, may submit an appeal.

Trees on Public Property:
Any property owner, business owner, or resident of the City of Atlanta, and/or any civic association in the NPU in which the tree or trees at issue are located may appeal.

How Do I File an Appeal?

Valid appeals must provide evidence, based on the City of Atlanta‚Äôs Tree Ordinance , that a city administrative official misinterpreted or misapplied the ordinance or facts material to the decision of the administrative official that the appellant believes were misinterpreted or misunderstood.

To file an appeal, download instructions and appeal forms below:

adobe_pdf_icon APPEAL INSTRUCTIONS   adobe_pdf_iconAPPEAL FORM   adobe_pdf_iconCITY OF ATLANTA ORDINANCE  

(For details on the public posting process for appeals, click on images below to enlarge.)